Welcome to the Union Diamond Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

My Christmas Wish-list


It’s that time of year again and I’m sitting at my desk, making up my Christmas wish-list. And let me tell you, working here has made that list long, and totally unrealistic. So in that spirit here’s item #34, a large pink diamond ring. Now, this isn’t just any ordinary pink diamond, it is the largest pink diamond ever unearthed from a Canadian mine. This particular diamond was discovered at the Victor Mine in Northern Ontario, and weighs in at 2.74 carats and is cut in an oval shape with SI clarity. It has been set into a ring made with Precious Platinum and 18k White Gold with a halo of smaller pink and white diamonds to accentuate the pink color of the central diamond.  “It’s a piece of history and a piece of art… the chances of finding another such diamond is extremely rare”, said Krikor Kuspekian, manager of the store displaying the ring. I personally think it’s simply perfect.
Photo : Adrian Lam

So now to the big question, can I have one? The good news for all you pink diamond lovers is that the ring is for sale. The bad news is that it is valued at a staggering $568,000. So while this ring would be a truly gorgeous gift that any girl would be lucky to unwrap on Christmas morning, Santa would probably need to pick up a second job to pay for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment