Welcome to the Union Diamond Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

Fergalicious bling!


Black Eyed Peas front woman Fergie celebrated her 37th birthday in true celebrity fashion this weekend by throwing a huge bash at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas. But we’re not here to talk about the party, even though it looked awesome and was attended by the likes of Ne-Yo and Michael Jordan. But parties, as crazy as they may be, are not the subject of this blog, that is unless they were dripping with diamonds! 

Photo : Denise Truscello/Getty

No, what we’re talking about today can’t dance, or sing, but they sure do shine. Of course, we’re talking about Fergie’s glittering birthday present from hubby Josh Duhamel. Ehem, boys, pay attention here, this is the kind of present a girl wants for her birthday, or Christmas, or the first Monday in April. Really, any day is a good day to give the gift of diamonds. Right girls?
Ok, but I’m getting sidetracked, so back to the diamonds. Fergie gushed over the blingy present, “I got some black diamonds from my man. Earrings,” She said. She also gave props to Josh for his gift giving prowess, saying that she didn’t even need to ask for the earrings. “He’s really that good. He knows me.” 

Well I just wish that Fergie knew me. Because if she did, she would not have left me hanging with NO pictures or details on these assuredly stunning earrings. Sigh, oh well, I guess we’ll all just have to imagine what they look like. And to help you all with your imaginings, we just so happen to have the world’s most beautiful black diamond earrings in our showroom right now. 


Aren’t they gorgeous? 3.09ctw of black diamonds accented with a delicate white diamond halo, and set in 14 carat gold drops, these earrings have such a lovely sense of motion as they gently swing back and forth. Now, these earrings would look incredible with any color diamond or colored stone, but there’s something about these black diamonds that really draws me in. Perhaps it’s the cut, so romantic and reminiscent of an antique rose cut. Or perhaps it’s the color, jet black, but full of life as the facets flicker and flash in the light. These earrings are glamor personified. 

I can imagine a bride wearing them on her wedding day. It’s a chic and sophisticated black and white themed wedding with the bridesmaids in black and the bride in a crisp and clean, unadorned white dress. Her only accessories are her veil, her engagement ring, and these black diamond earrings. 

Can’t you just picture it? It’s a lifetime movie ready image all right. But don’t worry if you don’t have a black and white wedding to go to. I have a scenario for you guys too. To set the scene, I’m at Publix, wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I’m browsing the cereal aisle and trying to decide between the honey nut cheerios and the cinnamon toast crunch. And then the fluorescent lighting catches something shiny peeking out from beneath my hair. And it’s the most beautiful black diamond earrings in the world.
Hey, so a trip to the grocery store may seem beneath earrings such as these, but I’ll let you in on my secret of jewelry happiness. I don’t care! I would wear these earrings in the frozen food aisle, at the Grammy’s, and at every cocktail party I can get an invite to, wouldn’t you? 

So tell us, aren’t these earrings fabulous? Where would you wear them?

No comments:

Post a Comment