Welcome to the Union Diamond Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tsarevna Swan Ring Wins Guinness World Record


There’s a new name in the record books this year. And that name is Tsarevna Swan, and no, it’s not a person. It is in fact, a ring, quite unlike any other as it has claimed the record for most number of fully faceted ‘diamonds set in one ring wearable on the human finger’. Let’s just pause for a moment on the words ‘human finger’. I’m not sure why they felt the need to add that stipulation. Are people running around trying to break the record with a ring sized to fit the Brazilian Jesus? Which, according to my super scientific calculations would be about 10 inches in diameter, and would be really, really cool. 

Photo : Shrenuj & Co.

But I digress, the Swan’s 2,525 diamonds certainly do not disappoint.  You’re all probably wondering how anyone could possibly fit that many diamonds onto a ring, sized for a human finger don’t forget. Well I’m guessing that a microscope was involved because the diamonds range in size from a miniscule 0.001-0.05ct. But together those tiny stones pack a punch with a total weight of 10.48ct. The stones are also listed as G in color and VVS2-VS1 in clarity and are set in 18k White Gold. 

Want to own a piece of record breaking history? Well you can, if you have a spare $1.3 million, which is a lot considering that you’d never be able to wear the thing as it does not appear to be very user friendly. I can imagine stabbing myself repeatedly with the sharp point at the top. So I’ll have to pass on this ring, but I’ll just hope that one of you out there buys it and brings it by so that I can try it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment