Welcome to the Union Diamond Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hooray for Halos!

I would like to start off today’s blog with a confession. I love halos, and not the type seen on Angels and baby Jesus, although those are nice as well. . I’m talking diamond encrusted halos around diamonds. Because what’s better to put on your diamonds but more diamonds? And we are so excited to have a brand new line of halo rings on our website! *Cue cheering and applause* 

And why is this so exciting you might ask? Well I’ll tell you. I love a solitaire engagement ring as much as the next girl. They’re classic and stunning, and will never ever go out of style. But, there’s a force inside me, I like to call it my inner Magpie. (Magpie’s are birds that are obsessed with shiny objects) And my inner magpie is always there saying ‘That’s gorgeous and all, but don’t you think it could do with a bit more sparkle”? You should also know that I am perfectly happy to stay up all hours watching infomercials on the Bedazzler. Don’t laugh, that thing is awesome! So awesome in fact that it spawned its own knockoff the Gemagic, which I also wanted. That Cathy Mitchell is persuasive, So, with all of that in mind, you can see how adding a sparkly halo of diamonds would fulfill two of most every girl’s fantasies by making her diamond A. sparklier, and B. BIGGER. Because it’s rare to find a girl who will say, “oh thank you kind sir, but could you please make my diamond smaller? If you are one of those girls, well more power to you and could you pretty please tell me your secret? 

Anyways, so we’ve established that a blingier, and larger diamond look is a great thing, so now let’s move on to the main event, pictures! The ring pictured below is one of our newest designs available on our website. This particular ring features an oval cut diamond. It’s important to note that any size or shape of diamond looks great in a halo and ovals are no exception. I also felt compelled to post the oval because we’ve seen a lot of interest in them recently. And we can certainly understand why. With all of the sparkle and flash of a round brilliant, ovals add a touch of uniqueness and character. And bonus, they’ll make your fingers look longer and more elegant. Score! 


So now that we’ve established that you like a ring that’s bold and a bit out of the norm, how about trying this on for size. And before we get to the picture, can I just say how much I enjoy the song Tootsee Roll? All together now! “To the left, to the left, to the right, to the right” Ok, so that was a weird tangent, but I have a point, I promise. So you like to be a bit daring do you? If having a unique stone shape and halo just aren’t enough for you, try this on for size. How about turning that oval to the left? That’s right, instead of setting the oval so that it points North to South, how about setting it with the orientation of East to West? 


Isn’t it awesome?! Most people never think about this but many stones look great set East/West. I’ve seen some stunning examples of E/W with all sorts of shapes including Marquise, Elongated Cushions, and even Princess Cuts can get in on the fun by being set in what we call a kite setting with the points facing towards North/South giving the impression of a kite. Giving your diamond an unusual orientation can really take your ring to another level and create a real conversation piece. And I can almost guarantee that none of her friends will have the same ring! And look, even rounds look great set E/W!
 

Gotcha! It is gorgeous though isn’t it?

1 comment: